21.01.2016 NIFF Meeting Agenda
NATIONAL INSHORE FISHERIES FORUM
Bord Iascaigh Mhara, Crofton Road, Dun Laoghaire.
21st January 2016 at 10:00am
10:00am – 11:30am Meeting of NIFF members
1. Welcome and apologies/Chairman’s address
2. Approval of draft meeting notes from last NIFF meeting 10th November 2015
3. Matters arising/updates from last NIFF meeting
a. Administrative/procedural issues and updates
i. General Networking Update
ii. Industry Science Partnership position
iii. Inshore Fisheries Forum Website update
iv. Feedback on suggestion to allow RIFF members attend events/seminars NIFF are invited to but can’t attend.
v. General discussion on NIFF notes
vi. DAFM proposal to amend TOR
vii. Networking Event
b. Updates on the following issues:
i. Recreational potting
ii. Proposal to QMAC re: 1% by-catch allocations for inshore boats
iii. Request for position on CSHMAC
iv. VAT exemption on vessels under 15GT
v. Selection of recommendations to be supported by NIFF from the Safety Working Group report
vi. Razor Clam Fishery update
vii. SWRIFF line caught fisheries plan
viii. Conflict between vessels of different sizes in inshore waters – development of proposal
ix. Financial support for industry in getting bi-valve fisheries classified/opened
x. Application for additional funding under DG MARE call
11:30am – 11:40am Coffee/Tea Break
11:40am – 12:40am Meeting with officials from National Parks and Wildlife Services – Eamonn Kelly, Oliver O Cadhla an Ferdia Marnell
12:40am – 1:30pm Meeting of NIFF members
4. Reluctance of inshore vessels to contact the coastguard when in danger as demonstrated by recent incident in SERIFF area.
5. Proposal for discussion from NRIFF re NW Herring.
6. Inshore Fisheries Forums input into Inshore Fisheries EMFF scheme.
7. Development of catch and release Blue Fin Tuna Fishery.
1:30pm – 2:00pm Light Lunch
2.00pm – 4:00pm Meeting with officials from DSP and IFI – DCENR
2:00pm – 3:00pm Meeting with officials from Department of Social Protection – Christopher Mc Camley, Noel Hand and Sharon Keane
3:00pm – 4:00pm Meeting with official from Inland Fisheries Ireland, Department of Communications Energy and Natural Resources – Dr Cathal Gallagher
4:00pm – 5:00pm Meeting of the NIFF members
8. Introduction of MLS for Velvet Crab
9. Update on Cadmium issue.
10. Brief discussion on M.S.D.F, and M.S.Y implications for the inshore sector.
11. Public Consultation on Minimum Mesh Size for Prawns.
Date for next NIFF meeting.