South East Regional Inshore Fisheries Forum
Brandon House Hotel, New Ross.
09th December 2015 at 10.00am
1. Minutes of the last meeting 22nd October 2015, and matters arising
2. Update from last NIFF meetings
3. Upcoming NIFF meetings in early 2016
a) Meeting with Inland Fisheries Ireland (IFI), Department of Social Protection (DSP) and possibly National Parks & Wildlife Service (NPWS) – prepare South east RIFF position on issues such as
i) Exclusion of IFI managed fisheries from ToR of Inshore Fisheries Forums
ii) Social welfare issues with fisheries
iii) Natura protected areas
b) RIFF Networking Event – agree date/venue (proposed for Galway 3rd March 2016, before Inshore Expo) & topics
4. Proposals on confrontations between large and small boat fishing sectors
5. Correspondence received on eels
6. Public Consultation on a proposal to increase the minimum cod-end mesh for Irish Vessels targeting Nephrops.
7. 2016 Work plan for RIFFs/NIFF